JOHNNY DEPP RANGO
1.) Description (Editorial Reviews)
- Get ready to tango with Rango, a winner with critics and audiences that’s “like nothing you’ve
ever seen before” (Peter Travers, Rolling Stone). Johnny Depp is
spectacular as Rango, a kooky pet chameleon who gets tossed into a
wild and raucous town in desperate need of a hero. Refreshingly
original with eye-popping animation, Rango is “loads of fun and genuinely funny” (Betsy Sharkey, Los Angeles
Times). And now you can get more Rango in the Blu-ray + DVD Combo Pack with Digital Copy featuring the
never-before-seen ending, 10 deleted scenes and exclusive
interactive Blu-ray features including picture-in-picture
storyboards and an interactive field trip to Dirt, and so much
NOTE: The Digital and/or Ultra Violet Copy that is included is not
on a disc. An Activation Code can be found on a sheet of paper
inside the product case, with instructions on how to redeem the
code to receive the Digital or Ultra Violet Copy.
2.) Special Features
- Directors: Gore Verbinski
- Format: Blu-ray, Digital_copy
- Language: English
- Subtitles: English, French, Portuguese, Spanish
- Dubbed: French, Portuguese, Spanish
- Region: Region A/1 (Read more about DVD/Blu-ray formats.)
- Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
- Number of discs: 2
- Rated:Parental Guidance Suggested
- Studio: Paramount Pictures
- DVD Release Date: July 15, 2011
- Run Time: 107 minutes
1.)Well THAT was a surprise! An animated feature for fun-loving,
movie-loving adults. How do I know?
* The dialogue: Our hero talks like George Clooney talking like
Clark Gable in "O Brother, Where Art Thou?" so pay close attention!
* Homages to classics from "Star Wars" to "Singin' in the Rain."
* The music has everything from yodeling during a chase scene (with
toilet paper trailing from a shoe) to Ride of the Valkyries during
an aerial attack.
* The Spirit of the West (in an Alabaster Chariot) is a serape-clad
Clint Eastwood in a white golf cart with a bunch of Oscars tossed
in the back.
* The line dance of the townspeople on Main Street is done to Cool
Water by what sounds like the Sons of the Pioneers.
* A Greek Chorus/Mariachi Band which explains the action, consists
of four little cactus owls.
* The hawk that terrorizes the town has a partial silver beak, a la
Lee Marvin in Cat Ballou.
* One of the townspeople has a crackly voice like Pat Buttram from
the old Roy Rogers movies.
* The snake is waaaay too scary for children even though it is
clearly patterned after the one from the "Harry Potter" franchise.
* Much of Hans Zimmer's music seems inspired by Ennio Morricone of
Spaghetti Western fame.
2.)While still not my favorite film featuring Johnny Depp, this
little film does everything a great Depp film should do...
* Bring out Classic themes: A pet who pretends to be different
* Exploration: In this case~ it explores the nature of reality, and
* Humor: Old vs. Young, Newcomers vs. Familiar Community Members,
Outsiders and Insiders....
3.) Very fun fast moving animation with a story along the lines of
China Town with Jack Nicholson. No incest or anything but a very
rich old fellow trying to monopolize the water game in a desert
city. There is an incredible fear and loathing las Vegas reference
in the beginning as well!